- Airflow Sensors
- Current Sensors
- Fiber Optics and Liquid Level
- Force Sensors
- Hall-Effect/MR Sensor ICs
- Humidity Sensors & HumidIcon
- Infrared Sensors
- Oxygen Sensors
- Position Sensors
- Pressure Sensors — Board Mount
- Pressure Sensors — Heavy Duty
- Pressure Transducers — Heavy Duty
All airflow sensors operate on heat transfer — flow and differential pressure. Silicon chip design is created from thin-film, thermally isolated bridge structure, containing both heater and temperature sensing elements. This provides rapid response to the air or gas flow and amount and direction, delivering a proportional output voltage. Amplified versions provide an enhanced output signal and less external circuitry, while unamplified versions allow additional external circuit options.
- Advanced chip design, manufacturing techniques and microstructure technology
- Enhanced response time and low power consumption
- Variety of port styles provide greater application flexibility
Current Sensors, Digital/Inductive, Open/Closed Loop
Past, future, and current excellence. Honeywell offers a wide variety of current sensors to monitor alternating (ac) or direct (dc) current. From digital output detectors sensing a few hundred milliamps to linear sensors monitoring over one thousand amps, our comprehensive line provides superior performance at a reduced cost.
- Decades of engineering expertise
- Thru-hole design
- Fast response times
- Output voltage isolation from input
- Minimum energy dissipation
- Enhanced reliability with adjustable performance and built-in temperature compensation
Fiber Optic, Liquid & Optical Level Sensors
Excellence, through every fiber. Honeywell offers fiber optic sensors manufactured with SERCOS (Serial Real-time Communication System) transmitters and receivers, duplexers, even liquid level sensors. Each fully customizable, and designed to meet and exceed harsh environmental demands.
Leadership, in full force. Whether it’s critical applications such as IV drips or dialysis, or serious engineering like robotic end-effectors, Honeywell offers a broad line of force sensor options. Honeywell force sensors also deliver built-in stability and flexibility, to provide enhanced performance in most applications.
- Measure the addition or backup of force
- Resistance of silicon-implanted piezoresistors increase when flexed under applied force
- Concentrate force directly to silicon-sensing element
- Change in circuit resistance results in corresponding output level
Hall-Effect/Magnetoresistive Sensor ICs
You know us as a leader. In 1968, we revolutionized the industry with the first solid-state keyboard combining Hall-effect sensing and associated electronics in a single circuit. These high-speed, extended life sensors are often directly compatible with other electronic circuits, responding to the presence or the interruption of a magnetic field by producing a proportional output.
- Digital and analog Hall-effect position sensor ICs (operated by permanent magnet or electromagnet)
- Magnetoresistive sensor ICs
- Hall-effect sensor ICs
- Gear-tooth sensors (sense movement of ferrous metal target)
Humidity Sensors & HumidIcon
Performance and reliability. At Honeywell Sensing and Control (S&C), each sensor is designed to provide enhanced stability, reliability and sensitivity.
Honeywell Sensing and Control offers a full line of humidity sensors to meet your needs from our premier Honeywell HumidIcon™ combined Digital Humidity / Temperature sensors to our relative humidity absorption-based humidity sensor products.
Honeywell HumidIcon Digital Humidity/Temperature sensors offer a range of accuracies from ±1.7 %RH to ±4.5 %RH, wide operating temperature ranges and low hysteresis.
All Honeywell Sensing and Control humidity sensors are configured with integrated circuitry to provide on-chip signal conditioning offered on all products.
Potential applications for Honeywell humidity or humidity / temperature sensors are as diverse as heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment (HVAC), refrigeration, office automation, and medical equipment.
- HVAC/R - Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration
- Air compressors
- Meteorology / weather stations
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers
- Telecom cabinets
- Industrial drying equipment
- Hygrometers, consumer goods
- Battery-powered systems
- OEM assemblies
Medical Equipment Applications:
- Respiratory therapy
Infrared Sensors, Emitters, and Phototransitors
Solid, sensitive solutions. Optoelectronics integrates optical principles and semi-conductor electronics — the inter-conversion of electricity to light. In electronic systems where feedback and control systems are common, these infrared sensors are often critical.
Honeywell Sensing and Control offers 13 different product families of reliable, cost-effective, off-the-shelf optoelectronic sensor solutions for many potential applications:
- Printers and copiers
- Metering and data storage systems
- Liquid-level sensing
- Motion control
- Automated transactions
- Barcode reader
- Drop sensors
- Other medical equipment
Breathe easier, with unparalleled reliability. Honeywell Sensing and Control (S&C) oxygen sensors offers a comprehensive range of oxygen sensors unmatched in the industry. Our sensors are engineered to perform better and last longer. Our design employs two Zirconium Dioxide (ZrO2) discs with a small, hermetically sealed chamber between each disc. ZrO2 technology provides oxygen measurement without reference gas, providing enhanced accuracy and durability.
Honeywell’s oxygen sensors are best suited for potential applications such as boiler combustion controls and aircraft oxygen generation systems.
Position Sensors, Encoders, Inertial Measurement Units, and Resolvers
Precise Position Performance. Honeywell Sensing and Control (S&C) offers a full line of position sensors to meet a variety of operating environments and application needs — all built to deliver robust, long-lasting performance and enhanced product life.
- Honeywell SMART Position Sensors (Superior Measurement, Accuracy, Reliability, and Thinking) enable highly accurate motion control, improving operational efficiency and safety. Measuring linear, angular, or rotary movement of a magnet attached to a moving object, their non-contact design eliminates mechanical failure mechanisms, reducing wear and tear, improving reliability and durability, and minimizing downtime. They are also easy to install, reducing setup costs.
- Honeywell Non-contact Hall-effect Sensors respond to the presence or to the interruption of a magnetic field, using a solid-state Hall-effect IC to sense rotary movement of the actuator shaft and then producing a proportional output. The IC, circuitry and magnets are galvanized with an integral connector — more than a match for the most unforgiving conditions. Other benefits include: 360-degree operating range with multi-turn allowable rotation, low torque actuation, and greatly reduced wearout mechanisms.
- Encoders are available in both mechanical and optical versions, and are best for potential applications requiring panel-mounted, manually-operated rotary sensing.
- Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) are high-end position sensors with sensitive multi-axis motion control. These sensors measure the motion of the equipment onto which they are attached and deliver data to the equipment’s control module, allowing the operator to focus on other equipment functions, and enabling more precise control than can be achieved by using only the human eye, thus increasing safety, stability and productivity.
- Ultrasonic Sensors measure time delays between emitted and echo pulses, to accurately determine sensor-to-target distance. These non-contact-based products solve tough sensing problems by detecting targets made of virtually any material — regardless of color, transparency, shine or opacity.
- Resolvers are rotary and angle absolute position sensors that provide non-contact measurement for 360° sensing, enhanced accuracy, resolution, and repeatability under severe environmental conditions. They are inherently radiation hardened and offer durable electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance.
Potentiometers, Rotary and Linear
Long Lasting Rotational Performance, Flexible Options, Cost Effective Choices. When thoughts turn to rotary position sensing — thoughts turn to Honeywell Sensing and Control.
Built on the trusted Clarostat and Honeywell legacies of high quality, high-performance position sensing, Honeywell potentiometers (also known in the industry as POTS) convert rotary motion into a change of resistance, supplying a smooth transition of voltage or current levels, then used to control position movement in a wide variety of applications.
All Honeywell potentiometers are built for rugged, long-lasting rotational performance — in some cases more than a million cycles. Potentiometers are available in cermet, wirewound, metal, plastic, or combination packages, sealed against dust or moisture, and sized to fit into tight spaces. A variety of terminations and flexible mounting options are available to meet your needs.
Pressure Sensors — Board Mount
The pressure is on. No matter the need, Honeywell Sensing and Control (S&C) has the microstructure, pressure sensor solution. Our sensing element design consists of four piezoresistors on a chemically etched silicon diaphragm. A pressure change will cause a strain in the diaphragm and the buried resistors. The resistor values will change in proportion to the stress applied, which produces an electrical output. You will find our components performing in potential applications including dialysis equipment, blood analysis, centrofusion and oxygen and nitrogen gas distribution, HVAC devices, data storage, process controls, industrial machinery, pumps, and robotics.
Pressure Sensors — Heavy Duty
Developed for potential use in pressure applications that involve measurement of hostile media in harsh environments compatible with 316 stainless steel, a type of steel that increases corrosion resistance, improves resistance to pitting from chloride ion solutions, and provides increased strength at high temperatures.
Developed for potential use in pressure applications that involve measurement of hostile media in harsh environments compatible with 316 stainless steel, a type of steel that increases corrosion resistance, improves resistance to pitting from chloride ion solutions, and provides increased strength at high temperatures. The small size of these sensors allows them to be used on their own in tight packages or as the building block for a complete transducer. The vacuum gage series sensors are specifically designed for potential use in applications that can be exposed to vacuum.
Pressure Transducers — Heavy Duty
Complete amplified and compensated pressure measurement solutions. With a choice of ports, connectors, outputs and pressure ranges, these transducers can be configured to meet the needs of the application.
Heavy-duty pressure transducers are engineered to be resistant to a wide variety of media for use in most harsh environments